Since July 1, Yandex has changed the conditions for certification of agencies in Yandex Direct. Certification metrics have been rebuilt to take into account changes in Yandex.Direct and settings that affect placement efficiency.
Since you can get the status of a certified agency only once every six months: in July and January, partners need to know what has changed:
- The number of blocks. The new indicators are divided into 4 blocks “General”, “Search”, “Networks”, and “Customer dynamics”. This will simplify the development of indicators and the set of required passing points in the block.
- Minimum thresholds in the “General”, “Search” and “Networks” blocks. They will be 7 points for “Networks”, 5 – for “Search”, 4 – for “General”. The total passing score is now 31. To become a certified agency, you must pass the thresholds in all blocks and the overall certification threshold.
- Several metrics have been updated to take into account the specifics of campaign settings on Search and in networks:
- Ad Development combines settings that affect the effectiveness of ads and the ability to display them in different stencils. The metrics for ads on Search and networks are different and take into account an individual set of settings.
- The use of strategies with automatic control on Search and in networks is evaluated on separate scales.
- The “Moderation” indicator more fully assesses the extent to which the agency knows and complies with the requirements for ads in Yandex.Direct.
- Dynamics of the client base. This block uses indicators that help assess customer satisfaction with working with the agency. It works as a score multiplier for the “Search”, “General” and “Networks” blocks. For example, the sum of points in three blocks is multiplied by a factor of 1.2 if the results in the Client base dynamics block are higher than the market average. The better the result, the higher the coefficient (from 1 to 1.2). This allows the agency to earn extra points.
- Points for Certified Mobile App Advertising Professionals (MAPs). You will receive 3 additional points if the agency’s turnover on the RMP campaign for six months is more than 2 million rubles and the agency has a specialist who has been certified in this area. Advertising of mobile applications is becoming more and more in demand, so the work of specialists in this area in an agency is important for solving client problems. Testing will become available in mid-July.
What will remain unchanged:
The basic requirements for participation in certification will remain the same:
- Work under a contract with Yandex.
- At least 20 active clients per semester.
- All the necessary certified specialists in Direct and Metrics in the agency.
The KPI scale remains continuous. Each useful action in advertising campaigns and announcements, for example, the use of add-ons or new tools, will earn an additional point.
To keep track of agency performance and the number of certified professionals, it is best to order a report. This can be done at any time.
Updated certification KPIs for the second half of 2022 will be published on the website in the near future.
It should be noted that the last time Yandex updated the conditions for certification of advertising agencies by Yandex Direct was in July 2021.