If you would like to write for RSN or purchase a sponsored post if you have a tool or service you wish to promote, please review the below guidelines and submission methods. This page details content guidelines, your rights, and our submission process.
First and foremost, RussianSearchNews.com is designed to be an objective reporting news-site, and bring the latest news and information relating to Yandex and Russian search.
We do, however, accept unique guides and insight posts into optimizing for Yandex and/or general Russia focused marketing insight.
Please read this page, and terms in full.
This is a niche website. All articles must relate to the Russian digital market, whether it be Google in Russia, Yandex, or digital trends in Russia. Generalist marketing articles for general Top X things articles won’t be read past the first few lines, and will be rejected.
RussianSearchNews.com published articles, at minimum, every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Twice a year, RussianSearchNews.com observes a “down” period in both publishing, and publishing non-scheduled content.
These periods are:
- The first 2 weeks of June
During Christmas, there is a period of ~10 days with no publishing occurring. The exact time period is always defined by a blog post the last Friday before Christmas, with publishing resuming in the first week of January. No articles of any sort are published during this down period.
The first 2 weeks of June, all content published during this period is pre-scheduled in advance.
Editorial Article Guidelines
These articles are user submitted, non-sponsored articles. You will get an author biography, and link to your homepage/socials from the footer.
Acceptance of these articles is wholly at the discretion of the editorial team, as they need to add value to the journal.
- Use title case in each heading.
- Run your article through a grammar/spelling checker (American English).
- Eliminate contractions.
- Think of appealing visual presentation. If you feel your post will benefit from additional imagery, add it – but don’t make the whole article a single infographic.
- All guest authors must be genuine and identifiable – e.g. real photo, real name, real social media links…
- Include multiple self-promotional links. Links to relevant resources are fine, but if they are your own resources – it must be disclosed.
- Submit an article covering the same topic information that already exists on RussianSearchNews.com.
- Submit an article that has been published elsewhere previously.
- Publish the same article on other websites within 21 days of publication on RussianSearchNews.com.
- Excessively bold keywords, or add links in bold, or add links in headers.
By submitting an editorial article, you agree irrevocably to our user submitted content disclaimer.
Sponsored Articles & Advertising
Sponsored & Partnership Posts/Brought To You By
This site runs two form of promotional posts, both are declared by “Brought to you by”.
There will also be a declaration in the post itself. And example can be found here.
Brought To You By
The team here at Russian Search News processes a lot of data for our studies. If you think your tool would help with that process, in exchange for tool usage – we will use the tool and articles published using the data will receive the brought to you by disclaimer.
These are links from the article and main news feed to your tool, as well as prominent branding. For example:
All sponsored posts must follow the guidelines laid out in the editorial articles section.
When making contact, you must disclose the company and sector that you’re wanting to build links to.
The editorial team reserve all rights to make amends to the submitted article including anchor text, links, linking frequency.
Sponsored posts links will have rel=”sponsored” declared, and editorial posts will not, as one is a genuine article, and the other has been sponsored.
User Submitted Content Disclaimer
By posting or uploading any User Content to this Site and/or providing any communication or material to RussianSearchNews.com you automatically and irrevocably:
- grant and assign to RussianSearchNews.com a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to any and all rights in the User Content including without limitation all copyright, together with all consents (if any) necessary to enable its reproduction, distribution, modification, publishing and/or other use and exploitation including the creation of derivative works, by RussianSearchNews.com and/or by any person authorized by RussianSearchNews.com, by any means and in all media now known or hereafter devised, without payment or other reference to you or any other person, and to advertise and promote such exploitation, for the full period of all such rights (together with any extensions and renewals) and insofar as possible in perpetuity;
- warrant that you are the owner of the User Content or has a right to grant us rights specified hereinabove and entitled to enter into this Policy;
- confirm that no such User Content will be subject to any obligation, of confidence or otherwise, to you or any other person and that RussianSearchNews.com shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of such User Content.
User Content means any content you post, upload or otherwise make available on our Sites, including information, text, graphics, photos or other materials.
Getting In Touch